Thursday, February 9, 2012

Sweet and Sour Shrimp
Sweet and Sour Shrimp 

1 8 ounce can pineapple chunks in juice
1 teaspoon cornstarch
3 Tablespoons Chili sauce
1 Tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
cooking spray 

2 teaspoons sesame oil or less
1 1/2 medium bell pepper*
1/2 medium onion sliced
3/4lb to 1lb peeled and deveined shrimp

Drain pineapple, reserving juice -set chunks aside
Combine reserved juice, cornstarch, chili sauce, soy sauce and garlic powder and set aside
Coat non stick pan with cooking spray, add oil place over medium high heat until hot, Add pepper and onion and stir fry 2-3 minutes until crisp tender
Add shrimp and stir fry 2-3 minutes until shrimp turn pink
Stir cornstarch mixture and pineapple chunks into shrimp mixture.
Cook, stirring constantly until mixture is bubbly and thickened. Serve with rice.
                             Note: recipe was adapted from Cooking Light 5 ingredients, 15 minute

* I use which ever peppers I have - my family like red and yellow better than green, so I threw in a few sugar snap peas for the green


Also,  I added 1 Tablespoon of Orange juice (because I put a little more than 3 T of chili sauce and I sprinkled Crushed Red pepper flakes into pan at the end because I like a little spice in my sweet and sour!

No comments:

Post a Comment